Sunday, November 18, 2007

Happy Sunday!

I am trying to lay low today. I had a mild case of food poisoning last night that at 3 in the morning felt anything but mild!!!!!! At least I think it was food related. Whatever it is or was, I felt horrible. Today is somewhat better, I am at least functioning more than a sack of taters on the sofa.

That meant I missed church today. Greg shared that it was a great service, communion and everything. I have to share a funny. The boys have been asking to take communion for some time now. I told them they needed to make an appointment with Greg to discuss it so they understood what it was and what it meant. Since we only take communion once a month, the appointment seems to get forgotten. Greg pulled both boys out of Sunday School a bit early so they could talk it over before service. Greg asked the boys why they were interested in taking communion. Kaleb' answer cracks me up....he said, "because I get thirsty." Guess who didn't take communion today??!~!! Oh the honesty of children!

As promised, here is a photo of the latest project around the house. We were originally going to remodel our bathroom--a new vanity, lights, tile on the floor, trim, basically everything but the toilet and shower. Now that the kitchen is on our list we decided to scale back the bathroom to just a fresh coat of paint. That hideous metallic wallpaper had to come down!! I can live with the rest for now as long as the wall paper goes. Here's proof of it's ugliness. Greg has stripped it all off, patched all the holes and now it sits idle until after Thanksgiving.

Here are also a couple of photos of Veterans Day. The lady I job share with lives on a small farm with quite the assortment of animals. She used to do animal education through the 4-H and other venues. She is the one who brought her animals to the Pigapaloozaa the church had in September. This is not a complete list but she has a llama (Fernando), a cow, a pig (Arnold), a horse, donkey, chickens, geese and goats. She invited a few folks over for pizza and a chance to see the animals. I had to be in Rochester for the day so Greg took them. From the pictures, they had a fun time. They rode the horse and got a chance to see the chores that a farm requires. I just have to comment on this green hat of Josh's. His 4th grade teacher made hats for all of her students and he insists on wearing it even if it squishes his head now. Someday I know we'll hear about it when he looks back on these photos but at least I will be able to say it was all his idea, LOL!!!

Greg had his first hunting experience this weekend. He and Pastor Bill left Friday to go to the Jamestown area and hunted Saturday morning, the first day of gun season. He saw several deer but didn't get a shot off. Bill got some shots off but alas they both came home empty handed. Although I wanted them both to have a successful hunting time, I am not really upset that a deer isn't hanging in my garage today!

Maybe it is my stomach issues today...but I feel a bit like I am in the Twilight Zone these days. All kinds of strange things are happening to my family members since we moved to Ransomville. Greg is now hunting, Kaleb is acing math and Joshua has a speaking part in the upcoming church play. My kid, who refused all previous attempts by us to put him in the children's musicals and plays, has a sizable part!! He is so excited and has memorized most of his lines already. There is something in the water making them do strange things, unexpected things, they are freaking me out!!!!!! I am on my guard for what could be next. Perhaps it will be .........stay tuned!

No comments: