Thursday, October 22, 2009

Whoa!

I am such a blog slacker!
Time is again, or should I say still, whirring by at an incredible pace. We have had signs of snow already! Ack!! I haven't even fully enjoyed fall yet. We better get crackin' with my list of fall things to do. There are foliage walks to go on, cider to drink, butternut squash soup to be cooked. The changing leaves are beautiful at the moment and the crisp air is nice.

Josh is nearing the end of his football season. The coach now has him playing on both the offensive and defensive lines. At yesterday's game he only sat out for 2 plays the whole game. He is tired, sweaty and smelly by the end. I had to drive home with the windows down yesterday, peeeyewwww, lol. Look for #54 in the photo below, that is our boy...


Our Pig-a-palooza event last month was a smashing success. For the first time in the 3 years we have been here, we had incredible weather for the event. We had the largest turn out to date, we figure there were somewhere around 500 people that attended. The best part was the people lingered, enjoying the animals, antique cars, food, games, music and fireworks.

October is Pastor Appreciation month, did you know that? I think a week would suffice, even a day, but it is in fact all month long. Check out the sign on our church lawn...


Isn't that great? The folks here in Ransomville sure do know how to bless their pastors! Almost everyday this month they have received a phone call from someone letting them know they appreciate them. Priceless words of encouragement. Then there are the cards in the mail, the gift certificate for an oil change, the gift certificate for dinner. The first Sunday they even invited the wives to come forward and we were presented with a bouquet of roses.

I can not tell you the last time I got flowers (in fairness to Greg I tell him not to buy them for me, I am too practically minded about the money). It is wonderful to know that we are appreciated as well. The boys wondered when it was their turn, lol.
On Sunday we wrap the month up with an all-church pot luck after service. Yumm-O.
If you haven't already, do something this week to show your pastor appreciation. Or the person in your life that spiritually encourages you. A kind word of encouragement will lift their spirits.

I hope my next post isn't a month away! In the mean time, hugs to you all!

No comments: