Thursday, November 5, 2009

Opportunity

By now you all know I have a second blog. Actually, this blog is my second one, my first blog is my stamping blog called Inky Doodles. There is a link in the sidebar. I don't frequently mix the two but sometimes they are like a PBJ sandwich and are hard to separate.

Many of you know that I have been a demonstrator with Stampin' Up since 2005. In September they made some major changes to the Independent Demo Agreement and for many reasons I did not feel that I could sign it, so I stepped down. You have heard the saying "When God closes a door, he opens a window". Well, in my case he opened the window first, making it easier to shut the door on my life as a demonstrator. In mid August, two weeks prior to the changes at Stampin' Up, I was offered an opportunity to join the design team for a stamp company called Cornish Heritage Farms. This company is owned by a couple originally from England, now residing in Montana. They are a lovely Christian couple and I did not hesitate to say "yes" to their offer! This company has a very large collection of stamps, in many different styles. They have agreements with Thomas Kinkade, Tom Allen, GM, and several other artists. They release new stamps 2-3 times per week! I am currently working with 3 of the lines they carry and can choose any additional releases that appeal to me. I have had the opportunity to write tutorials, product reviews, as well as blog posts for the company blog. Needless to say, this has been keeping me quite busy. I am loving every minute of it. It has opened up opportunities that I probably would not have had if I had remained with Stampin' Up. I am so glad God knows what is best for me, even when I don't always see it at the time!

The latest opportunity came when I was given the chance to be the Guest Blogger for a challenge blog called Stampin' Sisters in Christ. Cornish Heritage Farms is sponsoring their challenge this week and I am honored to be able to share a bit about my life and faith with a new audience. I honestly have moments when I think I should sell all my stamping supplies because it seems like foolishness in the grand scheme of things. Does God really care about stamping?? The answer is he cares about what I care about. He can use whatever we have to give him. I know that. I have seen it. A simple card made of paper and ink can bring comfort or encouragement or joy. When I send cards out I send them off with a prayer. God takes it from there.

Today was my day as the Guest Blogger. If you would like to read the article, check it out here.

Thanks for letting me share this stuff with you. I am no rock star (though Greg thinks so, he's great...but biased) but it is exciting stuff!

No comments: