Sunday, January 6, 2008

Hangover 150

No, I don't have a hangover...that is the name of the race held at the Ransomville Speedway every New Years Day. The price of admission is a non-perishable food item and if your car meets their guidelines, you can enter it. The cars are basically on their last wheels before hitting the junk yard. It is a series of 3 races: V8, V6 and V4 engines. Each class runs 50 laps for a total of 150 laps...if they make it, which none apparently did. Greg took the boys to this packed event, and I imagine it's probably one of a kind, LOL! The first group to race was the V6ers, with a total of 62 cars at the starting line. After 11 laps only 6 cars remained running. The last car running made it only 38 laps. It looks like it was basically a mud bowl. They don't clear the cars between races, they just shove them to the side. The first thing the boys told me when they came home was about the pink van that caught fire, and it wasn't the only one, to catch fire that is. This is what you do when you move to Ransomville. Greg actually said the big thing to do was tailgate before hand, people brought pallets to set on the muddy ground and had grills going all morning long. Some things I just have no category for...

Bathroom update: We have lights, running water and a working toilet! We're cooking with gas now, baby!!! There is still trim work, a shower door and towel bars/toilet paper holders to install but I can see it all coming together now.

In 8 days I turn 40, ack!! I know there are those of you reading this that will say "been there, done that, no biggie". But since I haven't been there or done that yet, I am having a bit of trouble with it! A lot of trouble actually. Joshua laughing at me didn't help either, punk kid!! (kidding, I love that kid but he's gotta learn what ground is safe to tread on and that isn't it!!) It isn't too late to buy me that gift I know you were thinking about. Try here... www.papertreyink.com or here... www.buffalostamps.com . Stamps and chocolate, those things may help!!

Otherwise, things are clicking along. Hope they are in your neck of the woods!
Have a great week!

No comments: