Monday, January 19, 2009

Playing Catch Up

Happy Martin Luther King Jr Day! We are all home today enjoying a day off. Greg cooked us up a great breakfast this morning after we all slept in. I realized I was a bit behind in my blogging so here is a short recap of the last couple of weeks.
First, I meant to show you something cool we did in our kitchen. Check this out...

It is a piece of vinyl wall art that I had made before Christmas. I ordered it from this site. They were wonderful to work with and can customize just about any idea you have, plus they have lots of pre-made designs. We received it right before Christmas and put it up immediately. It was the finishing touch in our space, makes me feel like we are eating in a restaurant. Now if the waiter would just come take my order when I sit at the table, lol! We also finally got some curtains put up and some shelves installed over the buffet.

Last week was my birthday and we stretched out the festivities over several days. Mom and Dad treated us to dinner on Sunday. We had a fabulous meal and as always, it was just great to be together. Joshua made me some gifts on his lathe, a letter opener and a French style rolling pin. Aren't they great?? My friend Lynn bought this amazing cake for me that we shared at our stamping class and then on the actual day, Greg cooked up a special meal. So far turning 41 isn't too bad!

Joshua is busy with basketball these days. They have practice 5 days a week and have yet to play a game. He seems to be enjoying it and it is a good way to stay fit during these long and cold wintry days. This past weekend he went on a Boy Scout weekend down in Allegheny.
Kaleb is busy creating and obsessing on his latest thing--hockey. He is all about hockey, the pads, the stick, watching it on TV. Below is a picture of one of his latest creations using his playing cards. Do you remember building a house of cards when you were younger?? Oh, the hours of entertainment to be had!

So, there you have the latest on us!
Blessings to you until next time!
Tracy

1 comment:

Mom of 2 Cuties said...

Your kitchen is absolutely gorgeous!!! I LOVE that wall art. We are actually going to redo our kitchen this summer....you've inspired me! I may email you with some specific questions, if that's OK.

Barb