Wednesday, August 14, 2013

The Queen's Chair

Today I am back with another painting project. Back in May or June we all spent a morning going to garage sales in the area. It was a gorgeous day and we had a good time walking around. I don't think we came home with much but I did manage to pick up this lovely chair for $5.00. It actually had a mate but the back of that chair was broken and the previous owner had created a fabric covered back instead. Looking back I wish I had gotten the other one too. The chair is sturdy, well made and very comfortable!


Here she is now in all her Tiffany-inspired turquoise goodness. The color is Annie Sloan Provence.


I picked up some black and white fabric from Joann's for the seat.


I did some light distressing and finished it with a coat of dark wax to tone down the color a bit.
Painting this chair was a bit of a chore with all its details but I love the final result.


She's a beauty! Fit for a queen and in our house, that's me, lol. 


No comments: