Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Cabinets!

We have a good start to cabinets! After 2 nights of work, this is what we have. We knew this wall wasn't going to be easy. We were working around a chimney and the walls weren't straight but they have worked through all of that. If you look at the top of the cabinet you can see the chimney wall peeking out. Once the crown molding goes up you won't see any of that. From the front it is just one nice wall of cabinets. Once you open the doors you see that not all is the same, we have one 24" deep pantry with pull out shelves and one 12" deep pantry with fixed shelves. The refrigerator will slide back under the end cabinet and we have an end wall piece that will finish off that end. I have been given the green light to fill my cabinets so that is what is on my agenda this morning. Of course cereal had to be the first thing to go in, it is the most eaten food in our house!
On Saturday we have people coming back to help with the wall cabinets that will go over the sink area. The base cabinets and island cabinets shouldn't be so difficult so with any luck this process will be done at the end of the weekend. I have to say this installing process is much more involved than I ever thought! But as long as it will all be solid and straight they can take their time.
Greg and I are in search of flooring. There are so many decisions to make in this whole process, I am a little tired of all that stress, lol. Trying to find something we like in our budget is proving to be the difficult part. We went to Lumber Liquidators yesterday but I don't think they have what we are looking for. This afternoon we will try a couple of other places.
I am off to fill my cabinets! Have a great day.

3 comments:

Elissa said...

WOW!! It is a totally different house. You have done some great work!!! So glad we are able to "see" it!

Amy said...

Wow it looks great. Those big tall pantry cabinets are amazing. I love the color too

Amy said...

Hey another thing, is there anyway I can get a Stampin Up catalog? On the website it says to contact a distributor