Sunday, August 24, 2008

Here I am

Technology is amazing! At this very moment I am in the van traveling east on the NY Thruway. Pastor Bill let us borrow his internet card and here I sit, typing on Greg’s laptop, wireless, traveling at 70 miles per hour. Crazy, I tell ya!
Sadly, we are traveling because of a funeral. Melissa’s (my brother’s wife) mom passed away unexpectedly this past week. Just three weeks ago we were all together enjoying vacation and today we will mourn together. Life is full, isn’t it?
So I notice my last post was July 25th. Miss me?? Where have we been you ask? My mother arrived from Germany on July 16th and I just returned her to the airport last week for her flight home. Our family, my brother’s family and my mom spent 2 weeks together on vacation. The first week we spent at the cottage on Cayuga Lake that we have rented the last 2 years. Then we spent another several days at a cottage on Lake Ontario thanks to friends at Pearce who let us use their place. No TV, no phone, just resting, eating, sleeping, resting, eating, swimming, resting….you get the idea. We took a load of pictures so I plan to post several times to share some of the highlights with you.
While we were away, Dad and Dick Pappa went to the house and installed our sink and faucet. They also got our electric to the island running. Though there are plenty of finishing details yet to be done, we are completely functional in our new kitchen. It is wonderful!! My mom and I put up corn in the freezer, made several batches of peach jam and hosted some people for dinner. It is doing exactly what we hoped it would!
Unfortunately I can't upload any pictures at the moment, I will get backto that tomorrow.
Hugs

No comments: