Sunday, September 7, 2008

First Day of School

The boys are back to school!! If I weren't so busy, I might have thrown a party!! We had a very good summer but things are usually pretty loosey goosey and a type A like myself can only take that for so long, lol! I think they were ready to go back too although they would never admit to it.
So I present, our seventh grader-Josh! Can you believe it?? Seventh grade?? Next thing you know he'll be driving. ACKKKKKKK!!!! When we bought sneakers this year we had to get a mens size 10. He is only a half size away from Greg now.
And then we have our fifth grader! His last year of elementary school. He is big man on campus this year with extra fun things that only the 5th graders can do. We will get to meet his new teacher next week. His big concern this year is whether or not they will get sufficient recess time. He asks a lot of questions this kid. He needs to know everything and many times he asks questions that we just can't answer. Will we get to go outside today? What will we do in music today? What kind of sneakers do you think the kids will be wearing? How much homework will we get each day? If we go out shopping he wants a detailed list of what stores we are going to and in what order. Heaven forbid we add one to the list along the way, throws him all off! We have made a joke of it really. I think he is making up for a mild case of the "why's" when he was 2.
Greg has been working on the kitchen. Yesterday he put some of the trim pieces on the cabinets. I have been busy putting it all to good use with lots more canning and baking. Tonight we had some folks from church over for dessert. It was a good test run of the space and all went well.
Our main home computer is going haywire so we are having it looked at this week. I hope it is fixable, I am lost without it. Sad really, but true. It is crazy how much information we store in a computer isn't it?? Favorite links, documents, pictures, banking and so much more. I feel so lost when it isn't working. So until it is fixed I can't post pictures to the blog. I have one post pre-loaded to share but after that I am at the mercy of Lee the computer guy.
{{{hugs}}}

No comments: