Friday, December 5, 2008

Back From the Abyss

Don't ask me where time goes! The faster I go, the behinder I get definitely describes me these days.
I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving last week. We were at mom and dad's along with the rest of the family. Sadly, we hadn't seen them since last Christmas. The kids grew so much in that time. I only took a few photos and somehow missed all of the gals! We had a great time, we ate tons of food, played games, exchanged gifts, watched movies, played ball and more.
We tried to get all the cousins together for a photo but it never quite works out like you hope, lol! The sun was in their eyes and they had ants in their pants. This is the best I could get.

Josh is going to catch Uncle Jon in height real soon. J tried to agitate Jon all weekend, he hasn't learned that isn't a good idea. We tried to warn him but he was feeling feisty! Jon showed him who's boss. Give Josh a couple more years though and the story may be different. I took this photo right after Jon picked Josh up off the ground. It was all in fun as you can see my their smiles.

Greg scooped up the nieces and nephew for a quick shot. Everyone was smiles because we had just exchanged our gifts.

Josh made his own gifts to give family this year. He put his new lathe to work and spent hours turning wood and acrylic pens. His first two came out a bit shaky but after that he got the feel for it and did a great job. He gave the ladies the acrylic pens and the men got the wood ones.

He plans to make some for his school friends too. I hope the other winners of those lathes are getting as much use from theirs as Josh is!
We are entering uncharted territory these days with the boys. Both of them have now been approached by a GIRL!!! Oh the giggles and red cheeks as I squeeze the tales from them!! I try to keep it light but inside I am so not ready for all of this.
Tonight we are all going to Rochester. I have my annual ornament exchange party and the guys are taking in a movie.
{{{hugs}}} from all of us


1 comment:

Elissa said...

SO wish we had caught up last week...even more...SO wish I could be there tonight!!! I miss friends...I MISS YOU!!!!