Saturday, May 31, 2008

5/30 Update

Hello! We are still here and making progress. Dad went home on Sunday and as soon as he left we took a nap!! That man is a machine when it comes to working. Much was accomplished with his help. The biggest task was probably the electric. I won't even pretend to sound like I know what all they did but they spent several days on it. I do know they wired a 3 way switch for a series of pass through lights. That was a big task. The above photo is of one of the switches involved. They wired new outlets, moved several outlets to better locations, added light switches, and a added a bunch of wires waiting to be put to use after the cabinets go in. Here is a shot of Dad and Greg next to their handywork.


Remember I told you how the boys and I spent several hours chiseling up the tile floor? I honestly thought that was the hard part of tearing out the floor. Boy was I mistaken!! Underneath was plywood with screws about every 2 inches in every direction, then some lovely gold specked vinyl and then fiberboard. In all the floor had about an inch of material on it. The cement from the tile covered most of the screw heads. I removed as many as I could but it seemed I hardly made a dent. It took Greg 3 days to completely get everything torn up. Crow bar, hammer, saw, and lots of sweat. At the end of the day he could barely lift a pencil! Not the kinda job a pastor is used to that is for sure, lol!
On Wednesday we ordered the cabinets and countertops. They said it would be 3 to 4 weeks so our schedule is set for moving forward. I imagine in 6 weeks or so I should have photos of our new kitchen.
We are off to the movies to see the new Indiana Jones flick.
More later...

1 comment:

pblowery said...

Keep the faith! The work is hard, but the rewards will make it all worth it!

pb
Check out the web site of Ransomville Free Methodist Church
Ransomville, NY
Ransomville Free Methodist Church