Friday, December 11, 2009

Tip #10- Movie Time

I heard the other day that Americans now watch an average of 31 hours of television a week. WOW! That is scary. My question is how do people have time to watch that much?? I have no smart remarks to make about TV watching. Rather, I want to talk movies. Christmas movies to be exact.

Do you have a favorite? Most of us have at least 1 that comes immediately to mind. For me it is the Muppet Christmas Carol. "Light the lamp, not the rat!!". If that means nothing to you, you need to go rent the movie. The Nativity Story that came out a couple of years ago was a great one to watch with the family. For kids, such a visual can really help them understand better.

Watching a movie isn't necessarily going to add tons of meaning to your Christmas. I know that. But in the midst of all the busyness, stop for a bit. Pop some popcorn. Gather the whole family up and snuggle in for a family movie night.

That's it. My whole tip for today.

No comments: