Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Tip #11...Knock it Off!!

Do you ever find yourself saying that to your kids?? "Knock it off"? I do. It is my way of telling them to quit the foolishness! Are you caught up in foolishness? Running around like a chicken with your head cut off, wondering how you will possibly get it all done? If you are, I have 2 things to say to you. One...go back and start at the beginning with these meaningful Christmas tips I have been posting. Second...knock it off! Literally. Knock things off your list. Stop the foolishness. I promise the earth won't stop turning, the kids will live, it will ALL be okay.

Kaleb asked me the other day what it meant when people say "what they don't know won't hurt them". We talked about several different examples but it got me thinking about some of the foolishness I get caught up in. No one but me will know I planned to fix 12 different kinds of cookies this year but only had time for 3. They won't know I wanted to get the living room painted but couldn't squeeze it in. Take an honest look at your list. What is essential and what isn't? Give yourself permission to knock some things off the list. Take a deep breath and move on.

I took a few days off from posting because I am working on all these things myself. Taking up time on the computer was one of things I had to "knock off" the last few days. Instead we invited someone over for dinner. We baked some cookies. We spent time together as a family. Yesterday we let a woman cut us in line at Walmart. {{gasp}} Little things, yet big in so many ways. Greg will tell you that I reach a certain point and then my stress spills over. It affects everyone because I snap at people and get agitated at the smallest things. It can get ugly. My goal this year is to never reach that point. The Lord is my helper...and yours!

No comments: